Gambling online can certainly prove to be a very entertaining pastime, provided that you possess the perfect blend of skill, luck, and patience. What is really important here is that you find only reputable online casinos in which to play. Along with all the good that the Internet has brought us, it has also become a haven for scam artists who are ready to steal your hard earned money. So, how does one find a safe portal in which to play? Here are some tips for you.
Reviews and forums are wonderful sources of real information from real people. Find a forum with avid online gamblers and do some reading to see what their opinions are; you may find that they all agree on a few online casinos which can be trusted. However, it is very likely that an owner or employee of an unlicensed online casino may try their luck and promote their scam under a false name in the forum. So try the casino that is being agreed upon by a number of members, not just one. You can also read back on the members' past contributions to the forum to ascertain whether or not they are dependable sources.
One major thing to look out for on the actual online casino is its licensing; it must be licensed, and it should be easy for you to find the licensing agreement and details. Remember, this casino should have absolutely nothing to hide.
Apart from the licensing agreement, look for additional accreditation to prove that this is, in fact, one of the reputable online casinos. The more references the better.
Find out who the software provider is. A respected provider will not risk tarnishing its positive reputation by affiliating itself with an online casino of ill repute. Some providers that you know you can count on include Playtech, Microgaming, and Cryptologic, so if you see these names you can feel safe in the knowledge that you have made the right choice.
Last but not least, test out their customer service. Any trustworthy and dependable business or company will offer support which is helpful, respectful, and quick to respond. If they offer 24/7 support in the form of live chats, test it out! Start a chat to put their services to the test so that you can get a feel for the casino and its employees. Anyone who makes themselves difficult to contact should immediately set off some warning bells in your skeptical mind, so if it is difficult to find any contact numbers or physical addresses, it is best to retreat.
Honest online casinos, and any other companies for that matter, should have absolutely nothing to hide from its members or visitors. On the contrary, they should proudly advertize any and all aspects which reinforce their good reputation. As with anything these days, practice caution and do some thorough research before engaging in any gambling activity.
- No person employed in a casino may solicit or accept any tip, gratuity, consideration or other benefit from any player or customer in the casino.
- A player shall not be advised by an employee of the casino on how to play, except to ensure compliance with these rules.
- No spectator and no player wagering at a table may, unless requested by a player, influence or offer advice to that player regarding that player's decisions of play.
- Players and spectators are not permitted to have side bets with or against each other.
- A seated player who does not place any wagers for 3 consecutive rounds of play, while all other seats at the table are in use, may be required to leave the seat.
- The casino operator may from time to time reserve 1 or more gaming tables for:
(a) The private use of an individual or group of individuals; or
(b) The purposes of a specific promotion, tournament or other event.
- Where a table is reserved under the before rule, a sign designating it as a private table shall be displayed on it and the table shall not be open for gaming for the general public.
- The casino operator may, while the casino is operating, close a gaming table at which players are present, providing a sign with the time of closure at the table for at least 20 minutes before the closure. This rule applies only during the hours in which the casino may operate.
- The casino operator shall set the minimum and maximum wager limits at each gaming table, subject to any directions issued by the Authority
-The minimum and maximum wager limits permitted at a table shall be displayed on a sign at the table. Unless stated on the sign, wagers are not required to be made in multiples of the minimum.
-No minimum table wager limit shall be raised, nor shall any maximum table wager limit be reduced, unless:
(a) A sign indicating the new limit or limits and the proposed time of change has been displayed at the table for at least 20 minutes before the time of the change; or
(b) All players at the table agree to the change; or
(c) The table is being opened for gaming for the first time in a gaming day; or
(d) There is no gaming activity taking place at the table.
- The casino operator may allow a player to wager in excess of the maximum table wager limit, provided that a sign showing the minimum and maximum wager limits for that player is placed on an appropriate area of the table.
-No wager shall be made or accepted in connection with any game if:
(a) The wager is not permitted by the rules of the game; or
(b) The wager does not comply with the wager limits applying to the player making the wager and indicated on the sign displayed in accordance with the rules above, as the case may be; or
c) Partnership between players, with a view to exceeding any maximum wager limit, has occurred; or
(d) The Celtabet wager does not comply with any specified wager level applying to the player making the wager and set out in the rules of the game.
- All wagers placed with a casino operator shall be paid, taken or disposed of by the casino operator strictly in accordance with the applicable rules. A player's entitlement to winnings shall be governed by and determined in accordance with the rules, irrespective of any overpayment by the casino operator, and the casino operator shall be entitled to recover any such overpayment.
- The casino operator shall ensure that all winning wagers are paid in chips, unless the rules of the game or approved procedures specifically permit payment by other means.
- Subject to the application of any rule or approved procedure permitting the payment of winnings otherwise than by means of chips, where it is not possible to pay the exact amount of winnings in chips, the winnings shall be increased to the next highest amount in which payment can be made in chips.
- Players are responsible for claiming and collecting wagers and winnings.